Campus Network: Application for a University Network (Wired &Domain Paraticipation)
5 How to register and set up a device to be used in a Research Officeincluding teacher's private labs in the School of Science and Technology, School of Policy Studies (Wired & Domain Paraticipation)
Application for Teacher's room-Assigned Teachers
|1. How to apply
(Sending your application via email)
Download and fill out the Excel form titled:
E-mail the completed form to the following address as an attached file: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Be sure to send this form using the mail account provided to you by the University.
|2. Application acceptance notice||
You will receive a Notice of Authorization the following work day, (as long as you emailed the completed application before 4:50 PM). You will receive this authorization notice at the same email address you used to send the application
If there is a need to ask you for the questions, it might take more than one work day to get back to you.
|3.Setting up the device||
For instructions on how to set up, please refer to the section below: set-up manual for connecting a personally-owned device via wired to the University Network.
If you need help setting up your device or connecting to the Network, you can find help at your campus's support center.
Joining the Kwansei Domain
A device can join the Kwansei domain if it is connected to the Research Room Network via wired LAN.
Positive aspects of joining the Kwansei domain
- Ability to log in to the device with your Kwansei Gakuin User ID and password.
- Virtual drives (Z, Y, M, Q, and X) are automatically set up.
Negative aspects of joining the Kwansei domain
- Whenever you are logged into the Kwansei Domain, you do not have system administrator privileges over your own computer. (To perform administrative tasks on your computer, you must first log out of the Kwansei Domain and then log back in using a local account with Administrator privileges.)
- Your computer's name will be assigned by the University Organization for Information Management and Communication.
- The Kwansei domain will only function on campus. If you used the same computer off-campus, you would have to log in using a local account. Your computer would, therefore, have to be set up with at least two separate accounts―one for domain use and one as a local account. Some computer settings (system and internet preferences, mail data, etc.) will have to be set up separately for each account.
Back to Index