Campus Network: Usage
Any kind of computing device you intend to connect to the university network must be registered.
This application and these instructions include the following types of devices:
- Your personally-owned device which you intend to connect via LAN to the university network.
※No application required for wire-less connention(KGU-WLAN) to university network any more after 4:50 pm on 13 Sep 2019.
- Your personally-owned computer which you intend to connect via LAN to the university network at a teacher's desk.
- A computer you intend to connect via wired LAN in your office (full-time teachers ONLY)
- A printer you intend to connect to the network in a research facility (full-time teachers ONLY)
Furthermore, it is important to register each device in the correct way. Therefore, please follow only the instructions below pertaining to your position
University Network Application list
|Types||Use||Types of Applicants|
|① Personally-owned Device : University Network (Wireless Connection) KGU-WLAN||
Using a personally-owned device with the university network via a wireless connection
※No application required
|Anyone with a valid Kwansei Gakuin ID|
|② Personally-owned Device: University Network (Wired Connection)||Using a personally-owned device with the university network via a wired connection only||Anyone with a valid Kwansei Gakuin ID|
|③ Research Office
|For use in a teacher's private office (Including private labs and research rooms in the School of Science and Technology, School of Policy Studies) In cases where using a fixed IP address is necessary, refer to ④ Static IP Address (wired connection).||Full-time teachers|
|④ Research Office (Wired & Static Address)||Devices which require a fixed IP address include printers and other peripheral devices for use in research rooms as well as devices provided by the school for use in offices.||Full-time teachers|
|⑤ Research Office (Wired & Domain Participation)||Device with your Kwansei Gakuin system ID by joining Kwansei domain.||Full-time teachers|
|⑥ Device you lend out (Wired or wireless connection)||Lending the device to other teachers,staffs or students, etc.||Full-time teachers & staff|
|⑦ Device to be used in an office(Static Address)||Connecting via Ethernet jack to the university network in teacher's room or office.||Full-time teachers & staff|
To connect to the university network via wireless & a wired connection with a personally-owned device
Compatible Operating Systems
Your OS must support the 802.1x (MS-PEAP) standard to facilitate the authentication process. Any device you register must be IEEE 802.1 b/g/n and WPA2-AES compliant.
The following OS Platforms support the 802.1x standard:
|OS||Version (as of January 14, 2020)|
|iOS||iPhone, iPod touch, iPad etc.|
※ Please note that not all manufacture's device can be connected.
There are other operating systems that support 802.1x (MS-PEAP) and WPA2-AES (for wireless encryption), but the only ones that the university has verified as being compatible with our system are the ones listed above. The University is only able to answer questions and provide other support for the above operating systems.
About Research Office Network Usage
In the past, in order to access the university network via network outlets in the research offices, it was necessary to submit a request for network connection to the head of the Organization for Information Management and Communication with every change in connection equipment (new installation, model change, or disposal). However, from 2019, by submitting the attached "Agreement for a Research Office Network Usage", you will no longer be required to submit individual requests each time.
Faculty required to submit
- Faculty who use private research offices
- Faculty who use (the network outlets at) collaborative research offices
Network outlets subject to this agreement
Network outlets in the private and collaborative research office
- In case of collaborative research offices, this agreement is required only for network outlets in your use.
- We kindly request that even those who have already obtained approval for use via submission of a network connection request submit this new agreement.
- If you fail to submit this agreement, for security purposes, we may stop you from using information outlets.
- If you require a static IP address or KWANSEI domain participation, please apply via the established procedures.
how to set up
- Please refer to the section below: set-up manual for connecting a personally-owned device via wired to the University Network. [5.様式・フォーム]-[08.情報環境機構【様式】]-[教員用【様式_情報】] in the Public Folders
- If you need help setting up your device or connecting to the Network, you can find help at your campus's support center.
Back to Index